SafeWood® FRX weather resistant fire retardant treated wood products
Effects of SafeWood® FRX
- Dramatically reduces flame spread and heat release
- Low smoke generation
- Substantially extends the period before “flashover” occurs
- Provides enhanced biological durability to the treated timber
40 years track record
There is a track record with the used technology of over 40 years with proven stability and safety in Western Europe and the United States. It is fully tested in accordance with the most up to date European Standards (Euroclasses) on the Construction Products Directive and classified in accordance with EN-13501-1. Euroclass C/B fire performance can be achieved for a wide range of timber and plywood spicies. It is listed in the UK WPA Fire Retardant Manual as a leach resistant industrial treatment for exterior timbers.
Full design flexibility with timber
SafeWood® FRX provides the full design flexibility with wood products as a sustainable material. Timber products are impregnated with an advanced polymer based formulation in a vacuum pressure impregnation plant, followed by a kiln drying and high temperature curing schedule to return the timber to an acceptable or specified moisture content.
Advantages of SafeWood® FRX
- Maintenance free for exterior applications
- Available for a wide range of timber and plywood species
- No loss of strength in the modulus of rupture or elasticity
- Compliance with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001
- Tested in accordance with EN-13501-1 and European Standards (Euroclass C/B)
SafeWood® FRX has been successfully applied in a variety of projects such as Amsterdam Bijlmer Arena Train station, Meander Hospital Amersfoort and Fiep Westendorp Primary School Amsterdam.
More information on fire retardants and regulations see the website of Lonza Wood Protection.
Green living facade
- Green living facade
- Meander Hospital