SafeWood® non-hychroscopic fire retardant treated wood products
SafeWood® offers fire retardant treated wood and sheet material that contributes to a higher safety level in building. It is protected by an advanced formulation that allows application of finished products for interior, weather protected applications. The products are free from halogenated compounds. When subjected to fire, the fire retardant ingredients react with the combustible gases and tars normally generated by untreated wood, and convert them to carbon char, carbon dioxide and water.
Typical end use examples for SafeWood®
- Permanent constructions: residential and commercial projects, internal claddings and linings, external coated claddings
- High humidity applications: swimming pools, lifeboat stations.
- Smoke critical situations: transport and rail industry timbers, railway and underground stations.
- High strength requirements: scaffold boards, staircases, storage and pallet systems.
- Refurbishment projects: listed buildings, churches.
25 years track record
There is a track record with the used technology of over 25 years with proven stability and safety in Western Europe and the United States. It is fully tested in accordance with the most up to date European Standards (Euroclasses) on the Construction Products Directive and classified in accordance with EN-13501-1. Euroclass C/B fire performance can be achieved for a wide range of timber and plywood species.
Full design flexibility with timber
SafeWood® provides the full design flexibility with wood products as a sustainable material. Timber products are impregnated with an advanced formulation in a vacuum pressure impregnation plant. With our SafeWood® Color program we offer a wide variety of natural colors and RAL-colors. In a modern application facility a coating is applied. With a transparent system it is possible to accentuate the natural appearance of the selected wood products. This offers a unique appearance related to the selected wood species.
Advantages of SafeWood®
- Non-hychroscopic and resistant to humid environments
- Maintenance free for interior applications
- Available for a wide range of timber and plywood species
- No loss of strength and non-corrosive
- Tested in accordance with EN-13501-1 and European Standards (Euroclass C/B)
SafeWood® has been successfully applied in a variety of projects such as The London Aquatic Centre during the Olympics in 2012 and Funen in Amsterdam.
More information on fire retardants and regulations see the website of Lonza Wood Protection.
London Aquatic Center
- London Aquatic Center